By: Jessa Monica C. Perez
Question: What Is the Best Type of Birth Control?
Birth Control — this is a method to avoid pregnancy and population Increase. We all know that the most natural way of birth control is not to have “Sex”. But we can’t convince everyone to do this birth control. However, many birth control method were created nowadays, some of it were effective but must not be applied with those who have problems in health, some were effective but really depends on proper use and some had side effects.
There are the so-called Female contraceptives and Male contraceptives. In female contraceptives and birth control methods there are:
- IUD (Intrauterine Device) – a T -shaped device placed inside the uterus.
- PillsHormonal Emergency Contraception also knwn as “Morning after Pill”.
- Surgical Sterilization, Tubal Ligation for female.
- Fertility Awareness
- Female condom (made of polyurethane)
- Ormeloxifene (Centchroman) is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (from wikipedia.org.)
- lactational amenorrhea method or LAM
in male Contraceptives/birth control methods there are.
- Surgical Sterilization, Vasectomy for male.
- Physical Methods (physically preventing sperm from entering the female reproductive tract.
However, these are all effective if these methods will be used properly. If a person wants to have or use these birth control methods, thay must visit a doctor first for them to know it’s effects and how it must be used.
The most effective birth control is in our hands. If we are sexually active we must not forget to use a birth control and if you are not sexually active you still need to be aware of these things. Birth control is important, birth control must be used properly to avoid pregnancy and population explosion.